Lip fillers (also known as dermal fillers, lip enhancements or lip plumping) are a cosmetic treatment which gives fuller, plumper lips. Filler treatments can also correct and fix lip asymmetry and a gummy smile.
Originally, dermal fillers were made of collagen. Patients needed an allergy test to determine whether they were allergic to the collagen before every procedure. Advancements in technology discovered more biocompatible substances that don’t require prior testing, such as hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in high concentrations in the body and the obvious choice for Austin Brewer’s lip fillers in Bournemouth.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid might be a bit of a mouthful to pronounce, but it naturally occurs in the body and is present in the skin. It preserves moisture levels, boosts skin tone and provides shape, structure and volume to otherwise lacking lips. As we age, the concentration of hyaluronic acid in our skin decreases. When this substance reduces, the skin dries out and wrinkles start to appear.
We use hyaluronic acid fillers for these range of benefits:
· Control over lip volume – As hyaluronic acid is injected the degree of lip volume created can be controlled
· Less bruising – compared to other dermal fillers, bruises and swelling from hyaluronic acid injection is visibly less
· Long lasting results – while not permanent, hyaluronic acid lip fillers last a long time
· Relatively allergy free – because hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body it is highly unlikely that you would be affected by a reaction.
· Naturally hydrates skin – as hyaluronic acid is an intense moisturising agent; you’re effectively turning back time!
· Almost instant results – unlike Botox®, you start to see the results of your dermal filler almost immediately.
· Versatility – these lip fillers can be used for other areas of the face, including neckline, neck and hands
Austin Brewer is a facial aesthetic practitioner who has provided cosmetic treatments since 2004. With clients from as far as London to Hampshire, you can be assured that you’ll receive the best care. Choose lip fillers in Bournemouth with Austin Brewer because of our experience, client care and abundance of certifications.
For more information about lip fillers in Bournemouth or for a free consultation, please call us on 07823 883 888 or email us.