It can be difficult to find a facial aesthetic practitioner that you trust. It is important to always check practitioners accreditations before having cosmetic treatments, and taking the time to think about what you would like to achieve. Use our guide on how to find your next facial aesthetic practitioner with ease:
Finding a great deal on a pair of shoes is one thing – hey if they fall apart after a season no problem, but the same isn’t true with your face, is it?
2. Do you just want the cheapest?
Any cosmetic treatment “deals” are actually illegal so all these “special offers” or “bring a friend” deals are not even legitimate ways of offering cosmetic treatments such as Botox® – Ask yourself why do they need to offer such things to try and persuade people to come to them?
3. Does experience matter to you?
Fancy being someone’s guinea pig? There’s nothing better than another unsuspecting victim…sorry um patient – has anyone ever actually had to draw on your face where they’re going to inject Botox® or dermal fillers? Warning bells should be going off about now.
4. How accessible and available is your practitioner?
How about one that’s available 7 days a week 9am to 9pm and always on the other end of the phone? Would you like a discreet and private service? Decide what suits you.
5. Do you want an honest professional?
An aesthetic practitioner who would tell you when you don’t need any cosmetic treatment, and who truly has your welfare and best interests at heart, not profit?
6. Would you like your cosmetic treatment to be personally modelled to you, or just look like everyone else?
It’s not a case of one way fits all, unfortunately this is the only way many aesthetic practitioners know how to work.
7. Do you want your aesthetic practitioner to specialise in this area or don’t you mind a dentist having a go?
Be “excellent” at one thing not “ok” at many – you wouldn’t ask your hairdresser to give your car an MOT or a heart surgeon to give you an eye test – would you? You want to be assured that this is what they do all day every day – this is what makes a true specialist aesthetic practitioner, not just as a side-line as an additional money spinner.
8. Would over 11 years of experience and trained to a master class standard help you choose where to go?
If you’re thinking, yes! Then Austin Brewer has exactly that. We were the first in Dorset to be accredited with the Treatments You Can Trust practice mark which is still the only regulatory board backed by the government.
9. Does the word “Harley Street” mean anything to you? Or are you just being fooled by the buzzword on some aesthetic practitioners’ websites?
What would you say if you knew that several aesthetic practitioners were providing cosmetic treatments and “1-day training courses” in Harley Street for new practitioners and these instructors have now been struck off for malpractice? Where does that leave those who were trained by them? Are they qualified to practice having been taught by someone who has been banned from practising themselves?
10. Would you like your aesthetic practitioner to be artistic and understand the boundaries of aesthetics?
Alicia Duval, Jackie Stallone ……I rest my case.
Choose Austin Brewer as your facial aesthetic practitioner and benefit from a wide variety of cosmetic treatments on offer. Choose between Botox®, lip fillers and dermal fillers in Bournemouth and many more. Book a free consultation today.