Chemical Skin Peels
What is a chemical peel and do they work?
Professional chemical peels are simple procedures with little to no downtime, consisting of a chemical solution that causes skin to exfoliate and peel off. The skin peels are formulated to address pore congestion, irritation and other signs of aging. Chemical peels work by:
- Stimulating collagen production to reduce signs of photo-aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dullness by exfoliating surface cells
- Softening and smooth the skin’s surface texture
- Decreasing the frequency of acne breakouts and fade the appearance of post-lesion discolouration.
- Maintaining and enhance the results of a home care regimen
- Helping to prolong results of in-clinic procedures for more comprehensive results
Will a chemical peel hurt?
During the application of the face peel you will feel tingling, a perfectly bearable feeling of heat and then everything will settle down.
How long will a chemical peel take to work?
Immediately after the skin peel, the treated skin may have some redness. This will fade over a few hours. You may experience some peeling in the days following the chemical peel, this must be allowed to occur naturally and no loose areas of skin must be pulled off or there could be a risk of scarring. It is essential that a high-factor sunscreen (SPF50) is used for at least 6 weeks to minimise any risk of over pigmented areas developing, triggered by the sun.
How long does the effects of a chemical peel last?
Austin Brewer will design a personalised treatment based on your skin type, although a course of 4-6 sessions is recommended with a gap of 2 weeks between each treatment to achieve optimal results. This can be repeated twice in a year.
What are the benefits of a chemical peel?
The whole face is treated and can improve the following:
- Acne-prone skin
- Visible pores
- Pigmented spots
- Aging skin
- Smoker’s complexion
Get in touch to find out more about chemical peels in Bournemouth, Dorset with Austin Brewer on 07823 88388. Learn more about Austin Brewer’s facial aesthetic qualifications or visit the blog for more advice on chemical peels.