If you’ve just had lip filler treatment and noticed a slight swelling, don’t fret! Swelling is completely normal and soon settles down to leave you with the smooth, plump lips that you have always dreamed of.
Swelling after lip fillers may last a few hours after treatment but will usually subside over 24 hours. Occasionally, minimal swelling can last for up to 3-5 days, but only in rare cases.
We provide a full explanation of how the treatment process works and our recommended aftercare during your consultation with Austin. Here are a few do’s and don’ts to bear in mind whilst your swelling heals:
- Take it easy. Please refrain from too much strenuous activity but you can still enjoy gentle exercise. Don’t worry about your fillers moving! Lip fillers contain a specific molecule which coils to connect itself to the collagen and elastin in the skin, to keep the filler in place.
- Follow your practitioner’s advice. Your aesthetic practitioner knows what is best for you following your treatment.
- Stay hydrated: Maintaining a healthy level of hydration can help the recovery process.
- Avoid applying make-up to your lips for up to 12 hours.
- Please avoid drinking alcohol for 2 days after treatment
- Avoid any extreme heat for 14 days. A walk in the British summer time will do no harm, but please do not top up your tan on a sunbed!
For more information about lip fillers in Poole and reducing lip filler swelling, contact Austin Brewer directly on 07823 883888. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Austin Brewer offers extensive, tailored advice with a free, no obligation cosmetic consultation.