How Long Does Swelling Last After Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers aftercare for if you’ve just had lip filler treatment. If you have noticed a slight swelling, don’t fret!. Swelling is completely normal and soon settles down. Leaving you with the smooth, plump lips that you have always dreamed of.
Swelling after lip fillers may last a few hours after treatment. This will usually subside over 24 hours. Occasionally, minimal swelling can last for up to 3-5 days, but only in some cases.
We provide a full explanation of how the treatment process works and our recommended lip fillers aftercare, during your consultation with Austin. Here are a few do’s and don’ts to bear in mind for beautiful and natural lip filler results. Follow our simple lip fillers aftercare whilst your swelling heals:
The Aftercare – Do’s
- Take it easy. Please refrain from too much strenuous activity. But you can still enjoy gentle exercise. Don’t worry about your fillers moving! Lip fillers contain a specific molecule which coils to connect itself to the collagen and elastin in the skin, to keep the filler in place.
- Follow your practitioner’s advice. Your aesthetic practitioner knows what is best for you following your treatment.
- Stay hydrated: Maintaining a healthy level of hydration can help the recovery process.
The Aftercare – Don’ts
- Avoid applying make-up to your lips for up to 12 hours.
- Please avoid drinking alcohol for 2 days after treatment
- Avoid any extreme heat for 14 days. A walk in the British summer time will do no harm, but please do not top up your tan on a sunbed!
For more information about lip fillers in Poole or lip fillers in Bournemouth and reducing lip filler swelling. contact Austin Brewer directly on 07823 883888. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Austin Brewer offers extensive, tailored advice with a free, no obligation cosmetic consultation.